Body-Mind-Spirit - Inspiration for Writers, Dreamers, and Seekers of Health & Happiness
When I tell people that studying Spiritual Psychology changed my writing and life, they ask, “What is spiritual psychology?”
The root of the word “psychology” comes from the Greek “psyche,” which means soul.
Yet, traditional psychology ignores the soul.
Studying human behavior and thought without considering a person’s spirit or essence doesn’t make sense to me.
Today, I’m sharing six basic tenets of spiritual psychology, which I practice daily. Without them, my writing and life would be much more chaotic.
1. Stop fighting with things, people, situations, and circumstances you don’t like that are beyond your control.
2. Recognize you can choose how to respond to anything that happens. This is powerful.
(Responsibility = Response Ability, or The Ability to Respond.)
3. Listen to inner guidance. To distinguish between egoic and wise inner voices, consider how their messages make you feel. Your body is an excellent barometer. Ask, “How does this thought make me feel?”
4. Choose to let go of thoughts that disturb your body. If that’s hard to do, accept but ignore these ideas. If you don’t believe in and engage thoughts, they pass quickly. They start to feel like unwelcome guests and leave.
5. Forgive your imperfections, ignorance, judgments, and shame. Be gentle with yourself. Use what shows up to heal and grow. Adopt a learning orientation toward life and watch everything become grist for the proverbial mill.
6. Remember, love is your natural state. If you’re spinning with chaos, you may be caught up in a hurricane of thinking. Let the thought storm pass. Duck under the waves. Sit quietly. Meditate. Write in your journal. Trust the meaning(s) you create, but hold them lightly.
I hope this helps. Keep calm and carry on!
Get 80+ writing prompts to ignite your creativity, gain clarity, and help you reach your writing goals! You'll also receive my inspirational blog/newsletter and hear about opportunities and offerings when they become available.