Body-Mind-Spirit - Inspiration for Writers, Dreamers, and Seekers of Health & Happiness
Have you ever felt out of your depth when thinking about creating something new? In this video, I share a story about a recent experience in which I felt totally intimidated. I eventually let go and had fun, which is what creative expression can be when we release expectations, explore, and play.
We also need to feel supported in a safe and sacred space. This means:
1. You can show up as you are, even if you’re scared.
2. You know all parts of you are welcome. Even your insecurities.
3. You’re allowed to be tired, vulnerable, and uncertain.
4. You know you won’t be judged.
5. You’re allowed to have all your feelings.
6. You know you’ll be met where you are, and where you are is perfect.
7. You know you won’t be compared to someone else’s version of who they think you should be.
8. You don’t have to live up to anyone’s expectations of who you are or what you create.
9. You understand your creative expression will exist on your own terms and won’t be compared to others.
10. You feel the joy of creative play for its own sake, without goals, ambition, or needing to prove anything to anyone.
If this sounds good to you, check out my upcoming summer writing circles.
The deadline to sign up is this Friday, July 7, at noon PT.
Classes begin next week! I’m excited to dig in with new and returning writers.
Get 80+ writing prompts to ignite your creativity, gain clarity, and help you reach your writing goals! You'll also receive my inspirational blog/newsletter and hear about opportunities and offerings when they become available.